Finally after many years of planning, organising, approvals, fundraising and lots of interaction the construction of the Banchory Woodland Trails has been started by our contractor CR Contracting Ltd (CRC). Support Us! As our project fast approaches the Read more…
The DBC in brief
Deeside Bike Collective aim to provide a recreational area in Banchory with professionally designed and built bike trails that are accessible to all the community and visitors.
The trails, accessible by foot, bike and car, will be a safe and controlled environment for the community, including families and bike riders of all ages, to have fun, develop biking skills and confidence, as well as to enjoy and learn about the outdoor environment.
Read more about the trails
The Deeside Bike Collective aims:
- To provide a bike trails and a skills track in Banchory town for bike riders of all ages and abilities to utilise.
- Manage and maintain the trails so that they are available to the Banchory area for the community and visiting cyclists (including families) to enjoy in a controlled environment and for generations to come.
- Provide a recreational activities area which is outdoors and encourages health, fitness and well-being.
- Improve the biodiversity of the site & surrounding area.
- Promote outdoor learning initiatives.